We’re not a typical financial institution – we’re better. We’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities we do business in. We love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of our employees say we are a great workplace that is focused on our mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for acquiring new Select Employee Groups within a defined target market, developing strategic sales plans within a defined territory and achieving sales goals. The incumbent is responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders to accomplish overall organizational goals. Primary responsibilities include serving as the principal business to business sales representative in Alliant’s key markets and building brand equity and new business through social selling, networking, telemarketing, tradeshows, and other various strategies that align with Alliant’s business model. Work involves participating in strategic planning, providing support and assistance for special projects, events, and initiatives focused on acquisition of companies in Alliant’s target market. Resources to do the job require strong B2B acumen, knowledge of credit union products and services, strong negotiation and organizational skills. The Business Development Executive must be a driven self-starter, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Identify and acquire new partnerships with local and national employers within assigned regional area
- Design and execution of account strategic sales plans to ensure member penetration and balance growth sales targets are met within defined timeline
- Participate in local and national networking events with Human Resources associations, and other professional organizations, participating in the planning, staffing, and exhibition at conferences and tradeshows
- Maintain schedule of appointments and ensure minimum required number of partner meetings and telemarketing calls are completed on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage an active pipeline of prospects and ensure new company enrollment target is achieved through ongoing review, analysis, and outreach to companies in our target market and their assigned territory
- Conduct research on industry trends and best practices and provide regular feedback to assist in the calibration and development of partner acquisition strategies
- Maintain knowledge with industry trends and market intelligence for assigned accounts and territory
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to ensure successful transition of new accounts to Relationship Managers
- Collaborate with Relationship Managers on launch and resource plan for all new partnerships that aligns with goals and long term strategy
- Provide feedback and input to aid in the development of relationship strategies and incorporate key marketing messages in sales activities to acquire target market select employer groups
- Serve as mentor and resource in the on-boarding and training of new Business Development team members