Business Data Scientist II, Miami, Florida
The Business Data Scientist is primarily responsible for the development and implementation of advanced statistical, descriptive and predictive models (machine learning, supervised, unsupervised, classification, regression and time series) for business related problems, as well as for products and services efforts. This position analyzes, proposes, and generates predictive and descriptive models and target customer data for CRM campaigns, segmentation, acquisition, retention, and cross and up selling, and pricing optimization. The successful candidate must also generate a comprehensive customer view serving to identify business opportunities and providing the tools to support sales objectives. This person will need to display and implement proper methodology for analysis and model cycles ensuring timely tracking, documentation, reproducibility, scalability, and insights that are actionable and used to improve future business initiatives, challenges and efforts.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or Industrial Engineering or similar.
- Master's degree in Statistics/Analytics/Data Science preferred.
- DataCamp, EDx, Coursera or similar institution certification in Open Source Coding a plus.
- SAS Accreditation a plus.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum three years' experience in developing Statistical Models, Data Mining CRM Analytics, Business Intelligence, Knowledge Management, and Data Warehousing.
- Minimum two years of experience in complex projects.
- Experience in the financial industry, service industry or mass market (CPG) preferred.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
- Analytical: SAS, R and/or Python.
- R-Markdown and Jupyter Notebooks.
- Databases: MS SQL Server, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SAS.
- Microsoft Office: MS Excel Advanced and MS PowerPoint Advanced.
- Data Visualization: PowerBI and/or Tableau.
- Banking Core System Structure: Signature.
- Analytics Unstructured Data: non-SQL - Mongo, Hadoop, Cassandra, Java, Hive.
- Project management, organizational: MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint and Teamwork, Jira, or similar.
- Web tools: Google Analytics, AdWords, CRM Cloud a plus.
- Experience with analytic techniques, statistical modeling, and web analytics technologies such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics a plus.