The BSA works closely with Operations on all aspects of the project lifecycle from bid through mobilization, execution and close-out. This support includes understanding all applications involved in creating critical project data, how that data interfaces between systems and flows throughout the project lifecycle.
The Business Systems Analyst must have strong systems aptitude and business acumen. The BSA leads process design reviews with end users to help the business leverage Prolog and other applications to improve performance. The resulting solutions will optimize the use of Prolog to minimize G&A costs and maximize job profitability.
The Business Systems Analyst is also responsible for evaluating alternative and new applications that support the project management lifecycle. Tutor Perini is currently evaluating alternate project controls applications to potentially replace Prolog. The BSA will have a lead role in evaluating software functionality, developing a business case for an investment in new technology and, if a decision is made to move forward, the implementation of a new platform.
The BSA is the first line of support for end-users to resolve system issues, develop ad hoc reporting, and evaluate new functionality and enhancements requests. The BSA works closely with end-users, IT and third-party consultants to meet these needs. The BSA will manage and update Prolog system configuration and provide functional specs to programmers for custom development. The role is also responsible for maintaining and developing new educational materials and providing end-user training.
* Work collaboratively with Finance and Operating business partners to gather requirements and design business processes and operational reports in support of the company's core business - construction project management.
* Identify opportunities to improve business processes leveraging Prolog and other software packages. Implement processes that are accurate, streamlined, and well documented with an emphasis on providing timely and accurate project data to the business.
* Develop ad hoc and custom reports using ReportsNow, Crystal Reports and other report development tools. Deliver reports that help optimize business performance, support internal controls and codify high leverage performance metrics.
* Partner with other Business Systems Analysts on the integration of Project Management data with other enterprise application, especially JD Edwards Job Cost.
* Develop test plans and oversee the execution of tests for system enhancements, upgrades, service packages and program patches.
* Build the capabilities of end-users to access and use the data in a rigorous manner that is foundational to sound decision-making and ongoing reporting accuracy. Develop materials and provide training that establishes the required initial user acumen and can be leveraged for ongoing educational needs.
* Provide end-user support to ensure the system is performing as designed, information is timely and accurate, and end-users are functioning effectively on the Prolog platform. Prioritize and resolve system issues. Identify and prioritize future enhancement requests.