ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading manufacturing organization in the Madison market; they have an immediate need for a Business Analyst with an emphasis on reverse engineering business applications to identify solutions. This position reports to the Director of IT and works with key internal stakeholders. The company has seen significant growth YoY for the last 10 years and is a staple in the Madison manufacturing arena! You can expect flexible hours, great benefits (including above market PTO) and PROFIT SHARING!! With a growing team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department, ability to provide recommendations from prior experiences to guide business systems decisions, and see projects come to fruition. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with an amazing benefits package including 3+ weeks PTO year one, flexible scheduling, and casual dress code!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BUSINESS ANALYST
• Direct compilation of data based on statistical studies
• Gather proper requirements for Business Application reviews and troubleshooting
• Understand business needs and facilitate complex projects
• Analyze business needs and provide recommendations to leadership and steering committees
• Correlate appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for divisional programs and include items for emergency funds
• Review operating and financial systems budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs
• The Business Analyst will also consult with unit heads to ensure timely delivery of projects, implementations, upgrades and change orders from an Information Systems point of view
• Prepare comparative analysis of operating programs by analyzing costs in relation to services performed during previous fiscal years
• Submit reports to senior management with recommendations for business systems related decisions
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE BUDGET ANALYST ROLE:
• BS in Accounting, Finance, MIS, or Computer Science
• Financial Systems exposure (SAP, Oracle, ADP, Kronos, or related systems experience preferred)
• Attention to detail and strong analysis skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 5 + years in a Business Analyst or related capacity
• Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel.
Please email resume for immediate consideration.
keywords: budget analyst, budget analysis, budget, budgeting, financial analysis, forecasting