Classification: Budget Analyst
Compensation: $55000.00 to $65000.00 yearly
A well-established education non-profit in the New York City are is seeking a Budget Analyst to join their team. As a Budget Analyst, you will prepare and analyze financial statements, lead monthly meetings with senior leadership, and provide ongoing support for all budgeting, forecasting, and billing systems. This job has growth potential as well as exposure to senior leadership, and competitive salary and benefits.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, and 1-2 years of nonprofit experience, with strong knowledge of US GAAP. CPA is a plus, but not required.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, variance reports, and forecasting processes
- Analyze monthly financial statements of multiple programs and variance reports to advise program directors
- Lead complex financial analysis to develop budgets including RFPs
- Reconcile and perform grant closeout functions as needed
- Monitor program expenses and revenue billings against approved budget and develop budget modification if necessary;
- Ensure all requirements by contracts administration and funders are met during grant closeout process, including submitting quarter, semi-annual, or annual reports
- Collaborate with program staff to forecast budgets.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for budget analysis
If you are interested in this role, please send resume to elizabeth.vennari@roberthalf with subject header "Budget Analyst".