The Budget Analyst II position will serve in supporting various business units within Dollar Bank as it relates to reporting, forecasting, expenses and key financial metrics
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or related discipline required.
* Minimum of two years' of budget, forecast and financial reporting and analysis experience required. Prior banking experience, preferred.
* Working knowledge of Hyperion Essbase and query data management tools (i.e. Oracle, Crystal, PowerBI), preferred.
* Strong technology skills including software - MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint. Proficiency with intermediate/advanced MS Excels (Candidate will be tested).
* Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the 'big picture', while working through the details required to construct a budget/forecast.
* Detail driven and diligent with solid analytical skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills for effective interaction with business partners and building relationships with various business units.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines.
* Exceptional organizational skills for good work product, effective interaction with business units and the ability to present to management.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Proactive, action-oriented approach to problem solving.
Principle Activities and Duties:
* Serve as a financial business partner to various business units by providing in-depth analysis and recommendations.
* Prepare monthly financial reports, annual budget and monthly forecast. Responsibilities include all expense and key financial metric drivers for the business division
* Assist with month-end close process. Ensure financial results are accurate and prepare accruals as necessary. Review and document material variances to forecast and budget.
* Prepare monthly reconciliations of prepaid and accrued expense accounts.
* Monitor and track capital spending.
* Prepare detailed schedules of financial results and key financial metric drivers with supporting commentary.
* Prepare monthly financial package and assist in preparation of annual budget package(s).
* Proactively identify opportunities/risks to ensure they are reflected in forecast or budget.
* Strong interpersonal skills for effective interaction with business partners and the ability to present financial results to management.
* Monitor cost allocation methodologies used to charge-out expenses to the businesses and work with business partners to modify and/or respond to inquiries, as necessary.
* Respond to ad hoc business division inquiries and/or reporting needs