About the Company & Opportunity
Our client, located in New Haven, CT, is looking for Budget Analyst Consultant for a temporary period of 2-3 months. This company is a manufacturing firm specializing in plastic product. Perks include free breakfast and flexible hours.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in financial/budget analysis and will take a proactive approach to the needs of the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BUDGET ANALYST
- Direct compilation of data based on statistical studies
- Analyze past and current years to prepare budgets and to justify funds requested
- Correlate appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for divisional programs and include items for emergency funds
- Review operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs
- The Budget Analyst will also consult with unit heads to ensure adjustments are made in accordance with program changes in order to facilitate long term planning
- Direct preparation of regular and special budget reports to interpret budget directives and to establish policies for carrying out directives
- Prepare comparative analysis of operating programs by analyzing costs in relation to services performed during previous fiscal years
- Submit reports to senior management with recommendations for budget revisions