Queens, NY - Kew Gradens
The Branch Manager oversees the day to day operations within the assigned branch, ensuring quality customer service, while delivering results that align with Apple Bank’s business objectives. The Branch Manager is responsible for the overall profitability of the branch by partnering with senior management to implement strategies/activities in order to achieve the Bank’s overall goals for the assigned district. This position drives new client acquisition primarily through deposit gathering (retaining and expanding existing banking relationships) and market share growth of the branch. The Branch Manager implements sales and business development initiatives that provide value to the Bank’s customers, always ensuring that ethical sales practices are adhered to. Additionally, the Branch Manager provides direction to staff regarding operational/regulatory controls, compliance matters, security protocols and the protection of Apple Bank against monetary loss and reputational harm. The Branch Manager must possess the ability to adapt accordingly to meet challenges in a dynamic industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains a balance of sales, service and operations objectives at all times.
- Oversees daily branch operations, provides comprehensive and prompt retail services; participates in daily operational and business development activities to achieve customer service and business growth objectives.
- Strives to meet assigned sales goals by following the Bank’s business development model and effectively utilizing the resources that have been provided.
- Manages account/deposit portfolios of the assigned branch; maintains strong relationships with top customers and seeks to grow and retain these relationships.
- Directs branch human capital activities, including but not limited to, staffing, training, delegation of work, performance appraisals, promotions, career development and salary recommendations.
- Ensures that employees adhere to all Bank policies and procedures by updating and coaching them on current policies and procedures accordingly.
- Facilitates regular team meetings to discuss bank/branch goals and objectives, as well as establish priorities.
- Partners with the District Manager to develop and execute strategies for the branch that are aligned with business plans, in order to achieve desired revenue, expense and service goals.
- Drives individual production goals with target clients and outbound sales activities, including the building of referral networks and relationships with internal partners and external contacts; implements new ideas and marketing strategies within branch market area to improve sales/deposit performance, marketing, and staff development.
- Ensures that audit controls are followed to protect Bank from unnecessary risk and exposure by supporting compliance with regulatory guidelines such as Bank Secrecy Act, AML, Regulation CC and Regulation E.
- Keeps abreast of customer banking needs by promoting new business and offering additional suitable products and services; addresses and resolves complex customer service issues, ensuring quick and proper responses to all reasonable customer requests.
- Reviews and reconciles various branch general ledger accounts; understands daily proof processes, ensuring adherence to operational requirements with the ability to investigate controllable losses.
- Develops new business relationships, representing Apple Bank in professional associations and community networking events to enhance its image and develop additional business/referral sources.
- Facilitates employee career growth through development planning, coaching and training.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes a positive image of Apple Bank; develops and maintains effective business relationships with customers and staff, serving as a liaison between branch and corporate departments.
- Staffs branch at an appropriate level; maintains schedules to provided adequate coverage at all times.
- Utilizes prudent judgment when extending approvals for the processing of transactions (i.e. accepting checks, approving signatures, approving payments and withdrawal transactions).
- Applies demonstrated knowledge of applicable banking laws and regulations; responds effectively and in a timely manner to organizational, business and regulatory changes.
- Recommends systems and/or procedural changes to Senior Management.
- Participates in the periodic installation and testing of program updates (i.e. disaster recovery testing, ATM programs, scanning equipment programs, etc.).
- Notifies appropriate personnel to ensure branch facilities and equipment are well maintained; ensure inventory and supplies are maintained.
- Effectively delegates work to subordinates, including performing follow up and providing additional guidance when necessary.
- Analyzes problems and develops sound strategies to provide optimum solutions for all aspects of branch management.
Skills, Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in banking and operations required, with at least 5 years of financial institution experience in a management function.
- Proven management record, preferably in banking or financial services.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Demonstrates effective leadership and interpersonal skills; motivates and achieves results through the effort of others.
- Possesses strong attention to detail with a high concern for accuracy.
- Demonstrates experience in utilizing Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and position specific software as required.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge regarding branch business operations and retail services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of e-Commerce, e-Banking and Branch Banking-related technology.
- Manages multiple ad hoc assignments or situations and remains organized.
- Qualifies to be licensed as a Notary Public for the State of New York.
- May be required to obtain insurance license for the sale of approved insurance/annuity products.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.