- Receives, approves, and, when necessary, investigates client's accounts payable invoices.
- Codes payables for accounts payable clerks to input.
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with clients, client suppliers, vendors, and banking contacts.
- Keeps track of client assets.
- Handles client mail.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners.
- Deposits accounts receivables into client bank accounts.
- Handles client payroll.
- Handles investments.
- Receives, reviews, and posts broker statements.
- Assists accountants on tax return preparation.
- Generates 1099's and W-2's for clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by accountants or partners.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Datafaction or QuickBooks and MS Office including Excel experience is required
- Minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, but must be able to do a manual set of books.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
Ledgent is a full service accounting and finance placement firm offering temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire staffing services. We are dedicated to making life better for the people we serve. For our staffing associates, this means providing you with a unique combination of benefits, career resources and training. From th moment you step into a Ledgent branch office to your first assignment and beyond, your Ledgent Team is there for you, every step of the way. Consisting of friendly staffing professionals who take the time to get to know you, we are expert at matching the right job with your unique personality, skills, and expectations. Apply now to be considered for this position and to make an appointment today or visit our Website www.ledgent.com  for other available positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.