About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a manufacturing/distribution company with an expanding family of companies and industry investments .
- Their accounting department is a leader in their field and within their company.
- The office environment is busy and opportunities for cross training are available.
- They boast a small family like atmosphere.
Overview of the Bookkeeper Role:
- Prepare financial statements and reports, including the profit and loss statement and balance sheet
- Assist with budget preparations
- Pay bills and maintain ledgers
- Receive, approve, and/or decline client invoices
- Keep track of client assets.
- Assist accountants with tax return preparation.
- Code payables for accounts payable clerks to input
- Make bank deposits and receipts of money
- Reconcile bank account and distribute money within departments
- Assure expenditures are in accordance with code balances for item acquisition
- Conduct invoice activities and pay vendors for delivered materials
- Provide inventory support, including maintaining office materials and supplies
- Receive requests for materials and equipment and prepare purchase orders accordingly
- Transmit purchase orders directly to vendors for purchases
- Generate 1099's and W-2's
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners