WestRock(NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 36,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 240 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Billing Specialist- Norcross, GA
The Revenue Accounting team within the Corrugated Container Division of WestRock is seeking a Billing/Invoicing Specialist. This individual will report to the Invoicing Supervisor and will work closely with Business Unit plant personnel and external customers.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Timely processing of daily invoicing for multiple facilities using multiple systems.
- Daily review of shipping reports in preparation of invoice processing.
- Communicate with Business Unit personnel and establish relationships necessary for timely resolution of errors and exceptions.
- Identify potential invoice problems prior to issuance and drive the correcting action necessary.
- Update customer portals with required data to facilitate timely receipt of payment.
- Distribution of final invoices and responding to inquiries related to invoices.
- Assist with other areas as required.
What you need to succeed:
- Has an understanding of the invoicing process and the financial impacts involved.
- Ability to follow and understand established procedures.
- Has initiative to take action, anticipate potential problems and address them early.
- Able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes and updated information.
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Being able to set priorities and schedule activities effectively to ensure timely completion of tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communications capabilities. Communicate daily with all appropriate customers and personnel; complete reports as required on a timely basis.
- Ability to work independently in a professional manner with a team commitment.
- High ethical and performance standards for self and team.
- Performance demonstrates value for quality and constantly strives to do better.
- Maintain high productivity/activity level, complete and submit timely and accurate metric reports and is able to assess own performance using them.
- High School Degree/Associates Degree
- 2 years of applicable experience (invoicing / revenue / general accounting)
- Strong attention to detail to detect billing errors
- High comfort level with systems navigation
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft tools
- Order entry systems / JD Edwards experience a plus
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.