The Billing & Project Accounting Specialist reviews project contract documentation to ensure accuracy of project setup while following client requirements, the Project Management & Quality Guidelines, and the Revenue Decision Making Matrix. Is responsible for the accurate input of new and existing project information into the BST Project Accounting Software; prepares invoices using various software packages; interfaces with technical, administrative, and professional personnel; and analyzes information pertinent to client invoicing. Responsible for compiling the invoice packet to meet client requirements that may include timesheet and expense documentation, DBE reporting, client required forms and Project Manager progress report.
This individual must understand and perform at an intermediate level all the Principal Responsibilities and Essential Functions listed below.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Read, comprehend, and understand client contracts for compliance with corporate requirements and accurate project set-up.
* Review project set-up documents for accuracy and verifying the data shown reflects the contract terms and authorizations and complies with the Project Management & Quality Guidelines and the Revenue Decision Making Matrix for budget entry for new projects and project revisions.
* Input new and revised project data such as budgets, phase/task/org authorizations, client updates, and billing particulars into the BST Accounting System.
* Processes subconsultant invoices through BST Accounting System and releases payments.
* Intermediate ability to produces monthly Pre-bills & Final invoice packets for clients.
* Posts Final Invoices to Accounts Receivable and adjusts Accounts Receivable or reinstates invoices as needed.
* Archives invoices and client contract documentation
* Intermediate ability to analyze and research Work-in-Process and Project Analysis
* Intermediate ability to understand and perform Project Closeout Analysis
* Intermediate ability to provide internal and external audit liaison assistance
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.