As a Banking Specialist Manager, you help create the energy and excitement around Amerant Bank products, providing the right solutions and getting products into customers’ hands. You understand that Amerant Bank is dedicated to delivering a customer experience that’s unlike any other. It starts with you discovering customers’ needs and with the support of your team members, you match those needs with the right products. Every day is an opportunity for you to turn another Amerant Bank customer into a loyal customer.
This role provides teller and platform-based transactions, manages lobby activity, and supports mobile, online banking and digital solutions. In addition, provide education and knowledge of our consumer and small business products to existing and new customers. This position supervises all sales activities and operations in the absence of the Market Manger. This position takes lead responsibility relative to day to day operations and ensuring all compliance and Bank policy and procedures expectations are met.
- Ability to perform all Banking Specialist I, II and III job responsibilities.
- Manage the day to day banking center operational activities in the banking center in accordance with all Bank policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures per Retail Banking’s operating manuals, employee handbook and all other that apply to the position functions. Ensure all regulatory requirements as well as security and audit procedures are adhered to always.
- Responsible for ensuring individual acts do not lead to Bank operating losses as well as escalating potential concerns that could lead to Bank loss to appropriate supervisor.
- Take lead responsibility in keeping branch in compliance with all Bank policies and procedures. Ensure audit, compliance and security procedures are adhered to at branch location.
- In absence of Market Manager take responsibility for daily overdraft / NSF decisions.
- Perform branch monthly audit expectations to ensure appropriate controls are in place and followed.
- Identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to the Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
- Ensure preventive measures are carried out to fully comply with current rules, regulations and internal policies relating to risks pertaining to BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other AML related issues.
- Adhere to customer service expectations as defined to Banking Specialist I, II and III.
- Act as a customer advocate to ensure we meet the needs of our customers and prospects with the intent of enhancing customer retention and engagement
- Provide quality customer service to all current and prospective customers as measured by Bank service standards.
- Deliver customer experience for all segments to ensure quality customer experience every day every time.
- This position requires consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals as defined by management at a personal and team level.
- Achieve out bound conversation expectations as defined by management.
- Adhere to all business development job responsibilities as defined for Banking Specialist I, II and III.
- Have an enhanced understanding of the needs of small business customers and how Bank products and services can meet those needs. Promote and sell small business products.
- Responsible for assisting the Market Manager with day to day sales activities. Takes lead responsibility in absence of Market Manager.
- Develop and participate in business development activities in support of the banking center market development initiatives.
- Actively participate in community organizations to promote the Bank brand as well as support business development activities.
- Adhere to all expectations as defined for Banking Specialist I, II and III.
- Manage the day to day banking center activities in accordance with the behaviors and expectations defined for a transformed banking center.
- In the absence of the Market Manager conduct daily huddle to reinforce branch transformation roles and expectations.
- Daily create a schedule of activities for banking center staff to ensure ability to adhere to fluidity guidelines when greeting and assisting customers and guests with the banking center.
- May be the Digital Advocate for the banking centers. Responsibilities include being an expert on the Bank’s Online Banking (personal and business) and Mobile Banking channels to be able to assist customers and promote their sale and usage. Responsible for educating other team members on digital channels.
- Role model and participate in lobby management standards including acting in the Greeter role. Greet customers/prospects in the lobby in accordance with transformed banking center defined standards.
- Be a role model relative to defined career-wear standards.
- In conjunction with Market Manager, effectively coach staff to ensure goals are consistently met.
- Has approval authority.
- Has lead responsibility for the day to day operational functions of the banking center.
- Has lead responsibility for monitoring branch service quality levels and coaching staff as appropriate.
- Responsible for training and assisting less experienced branch team members.
- Responsible for assisting the Market Manager with daily coaching of team members in the areas of operations, compliance, sales activities and branch transformation elements and functionality. In the absence of the Market Manager has lead responsibility.
- Inform Retail Management of issues related to facility, digital technology and other elements related to branch transformation.
- Monitor employee activities and act when necessary.
- Participate in training and meetings and communicate back to team member’s information pertinent to the operation of the banking center.
- Provide for team member’s training, professional development, recruitment and mentoring. Raise awareness of the Bank’s strategic planning and timing in order to position the Department to be able to perform its assigned responsibilities. Evaluate team member’s performances and take corrective actions to address problems. Counsel and guide team members to ensure that approved objectives are met.
- Supervise a team of experienced professionals exercising key responsibilities over leadership, team goals and objectives, performance management, resource planning, training, motivation, coaching and recognition.
- Live the Bank values every day
- Complete mandatory training and required responsibilities to have knowledge of complete lines of products and services.
- Ability to work in different assigned banking centers within the region.
- Cooperates with management and peers to accomplish team and Bank goals.