Data analysts at KeyBank are trusted members of the product team and are the experts within the organization on measuring what is going on and using data to inform the decision-making process. Their analyses and insights provide a data-driven approach for product owners and managers to envision, scope, and refine features of products and services. Members of this team typically possess three critical skillsets – the skills of a statistician who knows how to model and summarize data sets; the skills of a computer scientist who can design and use algorithms to efficiently store, process and visualize this data; and the domain expertise necessary to both formulate the right questions and put answers into context.
You will join the Client Analytics team within the Enterprise Business Analytics, where we build the path of discovery to a trusted and relevant source of knowledge. KeyBank is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
As a leader of data analysts, you will:
- Manage a team of data analysts who support the Consumer Savings and Lending product team
- Manage a matrix of intra-business priorities while maintaining cross-business visibility, lead multiple projects in order to reach long/short-term goals and serve as the primary contact for product partners
- Collaborate with the other analysts in the department and across KeyBank to deliver cross-functional, cross-product and cross-segment analyses and initiatives
- Support product managers through rapidly surfacing positive and adverse data trends, and complete ad hoc analysis support as needed
- Work closely with product managers to build out and maintain detailed dashboards and ongoing analysis of the department’s products, their usage patterns, and performance
- Write database queries and code to analyze client volume, client behavior and performance data to identify opportunities and areas for improvement
- Communicate clearly and responsively your findings to a range of departmental and organizational stakeholders—to inform and educate them
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or other scientific field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in an analytical role extracting and surfacing value from quantitative data
- Strong eye for detail and a passion for quickly delivering results for rapid action
- Excellent written, verbal, scientific communication and time-management skills
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
- Proficiency with SQL and R or Python
- Consumer banking experience, particularly with consumer savings and/or lending products
- Prior leadership or management experience, or other experience developing people
- Experience with Spark and other big-data solutions
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
KeyBank has administrative services in place that help support the business. These include: Finance, Human Resources, Legal, and Marketing. KeyBank’s Corporate Center supports strategic initiatives through multiple teams which provide distinctly different, yet interrelated, disciplines for the KeyBank Leadership team and its business groups. The Corporate Center protects and enhances Key’s brand through thoughtful and deliberate messaging and responsible banking. Our proactive approach and significant expertise engage both internal and external constituents – employees, clients, shareholders, investors, regulators, legislators, community advocates – by adding value, positively influencing their perceptions, and instilling a sense of confidence in Key.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.