About the Financial Institution Banking Accountant Opportunity
• This organization is well established with over 35 years in business serving local businesses
• Reputable culture and team atmosphere
• This organization provides events and trade shows to support the community they serve
• Culture is fun casual with a positive environment with a service-oriented feel
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and paid holidays
Overview of the Banking Accountant
• Responsible for timely posting of journal entries to general ledgers accounts and subsidiary ledgers, including the completion of assigned Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
• Assists the VP of Accounting in timely and accurate end-of-month close process and preparation of financial reports.
• Monitors and prepares end of day settlement transfers as deemed necessary ensuring no occurrence of overdraft balances.
• Prepares daily Cash Balance Report for VP of Accounting, VP of Finance, and CFO.
• Prepares the daily Loan Deposit Account reconciliations in Blackline account reconciliation software
• Handles the daily Positive Pay Process for all Official Checks, Money Orders and Escrow Checks.
• Prepares monthly reconciliation for related accounts and resolves all discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner.
• Performs daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations in Blackline account reconciliation software
Preferred Qualifications of the Banking Accountant
• 4+ years of GL Accounting within a financial institution
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Must be a great team player communicator
• Banking experience a PLUS
• Microsoft Dynamics/GP Blackline is PREFERRED