Highlights about the BU Controller opportunity:
- The Company: Large Manufacturing and Distribution organization.
- The Growth: Held steady growth over the last 7 years through both organic and acquisition processes.
- The Exposure: The BU Controller will be expected to provide business and operational analysis, strategic insight, and tactical financial support to be an effective business partner and trusted adviser to the executive management team while still overseeing the daily operations of accounting.
- This position is a springboard into other Finance Leadership Positions within the Organization.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the BU Controller’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage corporate accounting/finance function including consolidations, month end, budgeting and forecasting, and analysis for a Business Unit segment.
- Provide guidance, develop and mentor team of 6
- Direct/oversee month end/quarter end close process.
- Review monthly financial statements, disclosures and footnotes.
- Prepare comprehensive analyses and financial presentations for the audit committee and Senior Management.
- Review balance sheet and profit and loss account reconciliations and produce meaningful and concise analysis
- Manage the effectiveness and efficiency of the general ledger as well as other financial modules of the Company’s ERP system; maintain and control master data used for financial reporting
- Directly responsible for more complex areas of accounting including inventory, debt and collaboration accounting (revenue, expense, analysis, operational)
- Provide overall management of external audits
- Integral role in supporting Internal controls and external reviews and audits
- Identify and implement business process improvements; lead as the financial subject matter expert and business champion on projects and initiatives