BSA High Risk Customer Investigator, Miami FL
The BSA High Risk Customer Investigator is primarily responsible for conducting comprehensive research on the Bank's high risk customers and related parties' accounts to ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, and MCB Policies and Procedures, and determine whether suspicious activity or negative media may exist.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct due diligence and enhanced due diligence reviews of accounts in high risk units (i.e. CBI, Corporate Banking Intl, Private Banking, etc.) as needed to ensure that the bank's policy and procedures are being followed.
- Execute investigations and make recommendations for resolution of high profile cases and insider abuse.
- Perform research and analysis on customers and their transactions to ensure conformity with their expected activity profile. Requests updates to customer KYC and activity profiles if actual account activity cannot be validated.
- Analyze highly complex offshore corporate structures and/or other high risk accounts for irregular transaction behavior. Render conclusion of analyses and account disposition as well as recommendations to file SARs.
- Provide recommendation for account closures.
- Proficient in analysis techniques, identification of suspicious activity, documentation of findings, including knowledge of completing comprehensive Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Send requests for information to account officers when required in order to assess more clearly an unusual activity occurring in an account. Request's must be sent in a clear and concise manner and followed-up as per department procedures and timeframes.
- Maintain accurate tracking of assignments and requests for documentation to ensure proper tracking of deadlines, as well as following up of pending items in a timely manner.
- Ensure that there is a proper level of record keeping retention that proves BSA regulatory compliance evidence during internal/external audits or regulatory examinations.
- Assist the BSA High Risk Customer Manager and BSA High Risk Customer Team Lead during regulatory exams, special law enforcement requests, and/or special projects as necessary.
- Able to carry out to completion of high risk account reviews with minimal supervision.
- Able to produce top quality investigative cases that can be held to high standards of quality and accuracy.
- Able to work in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Read and understand the bank's BSA/AML Program Policies and Procedures and ensure the Program's high standards are maintained.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time. Must possess basic business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening and have basic office and mathematics skills, and customer service skills. Possession of professional skills such as report writing, basic statistics, effective presentation skills and creative skills are required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree. ACAMS certification (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) preferred.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Five years' experience in BSA Compliance with an emphasis in conducting High Risk Customer Account Reviews; FIU monitoring program, customer onboarding program and high risk customer program. International banking experience preferred.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Extensive knowledge of BSA and AML laws and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA Patriot Act, and OFAC requirements, enhanced due diligence matters and knowledge of financial fraud and applicable federal and state laws.
Experience in BSA investigations; BSA, AML and OFAC software applications, databases, data trend analysis, s as well as overall process improvements.
Ability to manage numerous priorities, and confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills required.
High attention to detail with strong analytical, problem solving and logical reasoning.
Knowledge of consumer, corporate and correspondent banking (domestic and international) products and services preferred.
Physical Demands: 80% of the work performed is in an air-conditioned office environment at a desk with the use of a computer. The remaining 20% are spent in external functions, internal meetings, and outside training