BSA Analyst Senior, Miami, Florida
The Senior BSA Analyst is responsible for monitoring the group's internal policies, procedures, and controls to assure compliance with anti-money laundering regulations and rules. Will also provide some oversight of the surveillance of accounts for money laundering and financial crimes. Analyze highly complex offshore corporate structures and/or other high risk accounts for irregular transaction behavior. Render conclusion of analyses and account disposition as well as recommendations to file SARs.
- Execute Special Projects and/or Investigations related to tips received from law enforcement, subpoenas, security alerts provided by other financial institutions and/or internal tips from the various business/operations lines. These could include sensitive insider abuse cases.
- Prepare special BSA Compliance Reports addressed to the respective Business and Operations line Officers and their respective Regional Managers. Ensure adequate resolution, record keeping and other audit trails as evidence of compliance. Such documentation is crucial during internal/external audits and/or regulatory examinations.
- Ensure that the Assist//ck monitoring tool has all supporting documentation provided during the analysis cycle that supports the conclusion rendered.
- Provide expert support to the various business and operations lines, as well as, on-going training related to the latest BSA/ and fraud schemes and terrorist financing activities. Coordinate meetings with Regional Managers as needed to ensure Account Officer provides clear and timely replies and/or supporting documentation as required for these risky accounts.
- Assist the BSA Manager, Assistant BSA Manager, and BSA Supervisor during regulatory exams and or special law enforcement requests.
- To identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to their respective Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time. Must possess basic business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening and have basic office and mathematics skills, and customer service skills. Possession of professional skills such as report writing, basic statistics, effective presentation skills and creative skills are required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Banking or Finance, and specific banking institute courses. Applicable BSA/AML Certifications preferred.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum of five years experience in BSA department or BSA compliance auditing for a financial institution.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Bilingual English/Spanish required. Ability to speak, read and write English and Spanish. Previous experience with Lotus Notes, Internet and MS Office Skills, including MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced and MS PowerPoint Level II required. Excellent written and verbal skills. Proficient in InfoImage, Nautilus, Paystar, AS-400, Fiserv & Datapro, SQN, and Assist CK. Good interpersonal skills. Certified anti-money laundering specialist.
Physical Demands: Sits at desk 95% operating a computer. Walks to other departments within the building 5% of the time.