ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Focusing on Planning, will partner with Financial Advisor in the coordination and delivery of all aspects of investment product delivery within assigned Branch(s) for the Mass Affluent clients including client management, service delivery and other resources in order to maximize needs- based sales production.
- Partner with Financial Advisor in the responsibility for coaching and mentoring licensed KeyBank Relationship Managers to sell investment/annuity products to new and existing Mass Market clients.
- Be an active member of the Branch team.
- Assist Financial Advisor in engaging licensed and non- licensed Branch personnel to identify investment referral opportunities from new clients and the existing bank client base.
- Develop a complete understanding of Key Investment Services solutions to support cross- selling opportunities, and learn the core bank products to generate referrals back to the Community Bank where appropriate to help develop full relationships..
- Utilizing a consultative sales process and assessment tools where appropriate, provide comprehensive, needs- based financial solutions to clients by offering a range of investment solutions and partnering with banking center staff.
- Help attain sales production and referral goals by assisting the Financial Advisor by working the book of business, lead lists, and closing on referrals.
- Partner with Financial Advisor to grow year over year revenue.
- Develop a strong Center of Influence strategy that leverages partnerships with the Retail Bank.
- Licenses Required: Series 7 or SIE and Series 7TO, 63, 65 or 66 and state insurance license.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelors preferred - or equivalent work experience.
- Broad knowledge of characteristics and needs of clients and partners within the bank- based investment market space.
- Demonstrated ability to sell products and services to investment clients; evidence of strong sales results.
- Strong client centric focus.
- Proven ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to use: standard office equipment, proprietary financial services systems.
Minimum licenses to be hired:
- Series 6, SIE and Series 6TO, 63 and state insurance license.
- In the event the AFA does not have the S7 or SIE and S7TO or 65 or 66 at the time of hire, it will become a condition of employment and must be obtained based on the timeframe noted under conditions of employment section of document.
- Promotion into an FA role is not permitted until the full licensing requirements are met.
- Should be in a partnership with an eligible FA, and should be receiving a commission sharing agreement.
Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands and the cultures of organizations.
Relationship Builder: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization: builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Client Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal partners and external clients; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with and gains their trust and respect.
Drives for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented with a relentless focus on execution; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Effective Collaboration: Identifies and involves the right stakeholders to make decisions and maximize results; readily shares information, knowledge, best practices, and ideas with teammates; leverages opportunities and accurately restate the opinion of others even when he/she disagrees.
Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.