Associate Director of Payroll Accounting & Tax
Excellent opportunity for highly motivated individual to assume the Associate Director of Payroll Accounting and Tax role within the Shared Service US Payroll organization. The organization offers opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of a growing accounting department and develop global processes to sustain flexibility as the business needs change. Job responsibilities subject to change based upon alignment of processes within the organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the day to day operations of the Global payroll accounting and tax team
- Ensure all payroll tax related payments and returns are remitted and filed timely and accurately including daily depositing of Federal Tax liabilities for equity based compensation
- Ensure W2's are accurate, processed timely and remitted to the appropriate agencies by the required due dates. Process W2C's as required
- Ensure all Global Payroll Accounting transactions are properly reflected in the various ERP systems
- Ensure all SOX controls are executed timely with evidence of execution documented appropriately
- Support tax updates and year end testing
- Provide strong and effective leadership across teams through collaboration, communication, problem solving, innovation, strategy, execution and results
- Effectively collaborate with upstream business partners to remediate processes that cause payroll tax and W2 errors
- Support clients and business partners by providing accurate, relevant and timely data.
- Support customer engagement teams by participating in client calls and resolving client payroll tax issues
Education / Certifications:
- B.S. in Accounting/Finance.
- MS in Accounting or Taxation strongly preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or equivalent training
Experience / Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in Payroll Accounting and Tax familiarity with ERP platforms
- Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal payroll tax laws
- Strong knowledge of equity federal and state depositing rules
- JDEdwards ERP, Oracle Applications, Sharepoint, Qlikview & Qliksense reporting knowledge is a plus
- International Experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting for payroll tax liabilities
- Project management, Budget management, Team management, Functional knowledge of tax ecosystem and impact on treasury and financial operations, Expertise in managing complex legal entity structures and transactions
Candidate required to travel internationally, up to 10% of the time, for training purposes.