We're partnering with a Fortune 500 company based in Westmont looking for an Associate Accountant to bolster their team. This position will support their quality assurance team that serves as a mini audit function. You will be responsible for reviewing and auditing month-end reporting packages including reconciliations, cash transactions, and sub-ledger reports. If you have a strong interest in audit functions, this is a great way to launch your accounting career. Typical career path for individuals on the team include corporate accounting, financial management, or financial analyst roles. This is a 3-month contract to hire starting off at $25-$27/hr, $57K-$60K after the training period.
- Conduct month-end audit review of financial reporting packages to ensure controls are operating correctly and designed effectively
- Conducting 20 full reviews per month in addition to partial reviews for high-risk areas
- Review month-end packages against policies and procedures
- Review workpapers, account & bank reconciliations, sub-ledge reports, and cash transactions
- Responsible for reviewing user access requests and check compliance related controls to ensure segregation of duties
- 20 full reviews, and several partial reviews depending on high risk areas
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Understanding of accrual and cash-based accounting principles
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not required
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.