Assistant Treasurer – locally owned wood products company
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a very stable Family owned, 80 year old wood products company headquartered here in Portland
- They operate in Western Oregon, Washington and British Columbia
- They are growing and prospering in these difficult times
- They continually invest in their employee, technology and continually looking to improve processes and techniques
- Reviews form Glass Door:
- The company cares about employees and has a family feel
- Company always looks to hire from within
- Encourage community engagement and volunteerism at all their locatons
- Proud sponsors of the Portland Thorns and Portland Timbers Soccer clubs
Overview of the Assistant Treasurer role:
- The Assistant Treasurer reports directly to the Vice President of Finance & Treasurer (VP Finance)
- Responsible for the day to day treasury and risk management functions of the Company
- Management of Company funds among its U.S. and Canadian subsidiaries through effective use of various financial institution products
- Ensuring that Company assets are appropriately protected from business risks through the effective management of insurance programs
- Manage and direct functions with appropriate consultation with the VP Finance
- Maintain familiarity with borrowing agreements and manage compliance with such agreements.
- Support periodic amendments, extensions and renewals of borrowing agreements, including making recommendations to facilitate operating and transaction needs and general improvements.
Preferred Qualifications for the Assistant Treasurer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA and/or MBA designation preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an accounting or finance position, preferably within a manufacturing environment or specific exposure to corporate finance and/or treasury functions.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend contracts and other legal documents.
- Strong work ethic, sense of commitment, team-oriented, customer focused and willingness to embrace change while striving for continuous improvement.
- Capacity to take on additional responsibility/promotable.
Excellent Compensation and benefits.
- Generous company-paid assistance for Medical and Dental insurance premiums
- Cost-effective co-pays & deductibles
- Vision, Short Term Disability
- Roth and pre-tax 401k, with a 2% company match and an additional 5% annual employer contribution, fully vested after three years
Timing is everything. Whether you are aggressively in a job search or simply passive for the ideal position, we would like to have the chance to share our opportunities with you. We specialize in placement for accounting and finance professionals. Many of our positions are not posted on the internet. Please contact me for more information about this role as well as other opportunities.