Assistant Treasurer - Risk Assessment Analyst – Long Island City, NY
The Risk Assessment Unit (RAU) is a sub-unit team within Apple Bank for Savings’ (the Bank) FCC Department. The RAU is responsible for managing the Bank-wide FCC Risk Assessment (RA) program that, in accordance with all applicable regulatory and industry standards, adequately identifies, evaluates, and measures FCC risk exposures and control vulnerabilities posed by the Bank’s business activities. The RA Analyst is a member of the RAU.
Specifically, the Risk Assessment Analyst (Analyst) will assist the Head of RAU in developing, managing and enhancing the Bank’s FCC (BSA/AML, Sanctions, Counter-Terrorism Financing, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption) RA program. The Analyst will provide day-to-day support and assistance relative to all aspects of the RA program. Duties will include assisting in the development of the RA framework and the execution of the Bank-wide FCC RAs by engaging with business line and FCC staff, analyzing risk and control documents, collecting and analyzing complex data set, and producing reports necessary to support the successful achievement of RA program objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Risk Assessment Analyst will:
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and execution of the Bank’s FCC RA processes, particularly:
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and management of RA activities as well as the monitoring and reporting activities as required.
- Raise emerging issues with Head of RA to ensure they are incorporated into the RA program as required.
- Synthesize and analyze complex data set from multiple sources to provide accurate and relevant information regarding the Bank’s and its Business Lines’ risk profiles.
- Assist with the ongoing enhancement of the RA framework; Identify opportunities to improve methodology and promote consistency in RA practices, reporting processes and tools for ongoing RA activities.
- Assist with conducting quality control reviews over RA outputs and communicate regularly with Business Lines personnel to ensure timely execution of RA tasks and completion of key milestones.
- Assist with drafting synthetic reports or presentations to inform Senior Management, the Board of Directors, and other stakeholders.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as required to assist the Head of RAU or other FCC sub-units.
- Build and maintain current, detailed knowledge of financial crimes compliance matters, regulatory requirements, and best practices relevant to the Bank’s RA.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
The Risk Assessment Analyst will also:
- Apply independent judgment in the identification and escalation of key FCC risks.
- Assist with the review of FCC or Business Line policies and procedures to evaluate adequacy, identify gaps, and/or assess potential risk exposures or control vulnerabilities.
- Create and conduct awareness trainings or presentations, as necessary.
- Recommend improvements to processes in areas of efficiency, control, and work product.
- Display a high level of professional aptitude and standards.
Skills, Education and Experience
The Risk Assessment Analyst should have:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in audit, risk management or regulatory compliance for the financial sector.
- An undergraduate degree, while a CAMS certification and/or other industry risk management certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of key financial crime prevention laws and regulations (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), as amended to include certain provisions of Title III of the USA PATRIOT Act, the requirements of the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) etc.).
- Understanding of commercial banking and retail banking.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical thinking and critical reasoning skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel. Working knowledge of database management systems is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, to effectively handle and successfully meet established deadline requirements. Ability to prioritize a diverse workload with multiple deadlines.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.