AT, FIU Analyst
Long Island City, NY
As the Financial Intelligence Unit Analyst, of the Financial Intelligence Unit (“FIU”), the incumbent is responsible for the daily operations within the FCC sub-unit team within Apple Bank for Savings (the “Bank”). The FIU acts as a primary subject matter expert (“SME”) concerning transaction monitoring, suspicious activity detection and reporting used to support BSA/AML and OFAC/Sanctions compliance across the Bank.
Specifically, the FIU Analyst will assist in the initial phase of the Bank’s case management system, and support the alert investigations and case investigations processes in monitoring and identifying potentially suspicious activity. The incumbent will conduct an investigation of customer account activity and, when necessary, file a Suspicious Activity Report (“SAR”).
Essential Job Functions:
The FIU Analyst is tasked with:
- Performing the review of assigned BSA/AML transaction monitoring system alerts and cases.
- Completing comprehensive reviews of customer activity to identify potential anti-money laundering and terrorist financing risks.
- Conducting internet and other research concerning the customers and counterparties involved with the transactions, as appropriate.
- Reviewing complex and multi-tiered relationships to determine if account activity is suspicious and requires the filing of an SAR.
- Writing a comprehensive analysis of the account activity to support the disposition to close/escalate an alert, close/escalate a case, and file a SAR when required while meeting Management defined productivity and quality control requirements.
- Thoroughly documenting alert and case investigations, including supporting data, research, analysis and rationale for the recommendation within the case management system in a timely manner and in compliance with regulatory guidelines and FCC procedures.
- Providing recommendations for off-boarding clients who pose a heightened risk to the Bank as directed by the FVP, Head of FIU.
- Preparing summaries of customers with multiple SARs and high-risk investigation cases to the FVP, Head of FIU, BSA Officer, and SAR Committee, as needed.
- Maintaining a high degree of relevant knowledge with respect to BSA/AML laws and regulations. This includes monitoring new and proposed BSA/AML -related legislation, regulatory requirements, key enforcement actions, key trends, emerging issues, as directed by the FVP, Head of FIU.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applying independent judgment in the identification and escalation of key BSA/AML risks.
- Displaying a high level of professional aptitude and standards .
- Recommending improvements to process in areas of efficiency, control, and work product.
- Participating in committee meetings, as necessary.
- Ad-hoc and project support responsibilities, as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in banking compliance, with a strong emphasis on BSA/AML regulations and requirements preferred .
- An undergraduate degree is required and a professional certification is a plus. CAMS certification is preferred, but can be obtained at a later date.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent researching and time management skills with strong focus on attention to detail.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team-fostered, multi-tasking environment.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.