Assistant Treasurer - Adverse Media Screening Analyst
The Advisory and Control Testing Unit (ACT) is a sub-unit team within Apple Bank for Savings’ (the
Bank) FCC Department. The ACT Unit is a second line function that acts as a primary subject matter
expert (SME) providing BSA/AML guidance to lines of business, conducting testing of first line functions,
evaluating new products and services, performing adverse media screenings, and managing the Risk
Control Self-Assessment process. The Adverse Media Screening Analyst is a member of the ACT Unit.
Specifically, the Adverse Media Screening Analyst (Analyst) will screen new and existing customers against
various government lists and news sources. The Analyst will need to assess whether customers qualify as
Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) or State Owned Entities (SOEs). This individual will also need to flag
customers that pose an elevated AML risk. The Analyst will promote a strong culture of BSA/AML
compliance across the Bank. Additionally, this individual might be asked to work on various ad-hoc
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Adverse Media Screening Analyst is tasked with:
- Screening new and existing customers against various government lists and news sources.
- Assessing whether customers qualify as PEPs or SOEs.
- Flagging customers that pose an elevated AML risk.
- Escalating certain cases to the VP, Head of BSA/AML Advisory and FVP, Head of ACT Unit.
- Promoting a strong culture of BSA/AML compliance across the Bank.
- Staying current with regulatory updates, and incorporating process and procedural changes into
- the daily operations as directed by management.
- Creating and submitting Questionable Activity Reports to the Financial Investigations Unit.
- Working collaboratively with various Bank personnel.
- Applying independent judgment in the identification and escalation of key BSA/AML risks.
- Displaying a high level of professional aptitude and standards.
- Recommending improvements to processes in areas of efficiency, control, and work product.
- Participating in committee meetings, as necessary.
- Performing other ad-hoc and project support responsibilities, as required.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree is required and professional certification is a plus; CAMS certification is
- preferred, but can be obtained at a later date.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in banking compliance, with a strong emphasis on BSA/AML regulations
- and requirements preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent researching and time management skills with strong focus on attention to detail.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team-fostered, multi-tasking environment.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.