Assistant Marketing Director - Vice President
The Assistant Marketing Director collaborates with the Marketing Director on the strategic planning, coordination, development and execution of marketing programs and projects. The individual in this position has substantial financial services marketing and communications experience in all marketing channels with an expertise in digital. This individual has proven success in driving digital channel initiatives, knowledge of interactive technologies that support best-in-class digital marketing and experience in managing digital agencies. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in developing, implementing and executing marketing plans that generate revenue. The incumbent will have broad experience in all aspects of digital marketing and advertising, content marketing, SEO, email marketing, social media, product marketing, marketing operations, customer segmentation/target marketing, marketing communications internal and external communications, brand promotion, direct response and branch support. The individual has outstanding project management and research skills, has experience managing staff and is highly motivated to achieve measurable results. This position will lead a team of high performing individuals focused on multi-channel development and execution of integrated marketing campaigns.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, execution and management of marketing and advertising deliverables in digital and traditional channels to support bank business strategy, profitable deposit product growth, business development goals and brand identity.
- Manage and enhance marketing initiatives across delivery channels including in-branch, on-site, organic, email, social and paid media.
- Manage team of digital marketing, content marketing, operations and brand/creative services staff.
- Supervise digital marketing staff charged with public website management, UI development, segmentation and targeting, SEO, ADA conformance, email marketing, digital marketing analytics, paid media and social publishing.
- Supervise content marketing & creative services staff charged with editorial and design development across channels, as well as operations staff who oversee branch marketing requirements and project management.
- Ensure ongoing evolution of the public website that leverages industry best practices and CX design. Collaborate with the Customer Experience Manager on usability testing and design feedback to validate and/or influence design recommendations.
- Oversee Marketing Agency engagements to ensure deliverables are aligned with strategic focus, contract terms and within allocated budget. Provide Marketing Agencies with direction on creative, content, targeting and segmentation as well as media spend. Coordinate reporting on conversions, results and optimization recommendations.
- Incorporate brand promotion and product positioning to achieve optimal performance in digital channels and optimize conversions with launch of online account opening, introduction of new digital services and mobile enhancements.
- Collaborate with Marketing Director, team members and internal and outside resources on digital marketing and advertising strategies and identify new opportunities using marketing technology and digital marketing industry trends.
- Assist in the design, implementation and execution of data-driven customer segmentation in collaboration with the Marketing Director, Marketing team, IT, Consumer Banking analytics, and other internal and outside resources. Collaborate to define target markets in digital and traditional channels that will broaden the bank’s customer base across generations to maximize profitability, grow number of key products per customer and increase share of wallet.
- Work with the Marketing Director and outside resources to create cross-channel persona-driven financial education/literacy content marketing program.
- Manage offline, in-branch marketing operations, including new branch openings, signage and collateral.
- Manage marketing communications efforts both digitally and offline.
- Assist in coordinating and developing marketing activities for third-party relationships with digital delivery, such as Visa, Fundation, Guaranteed Rate and others.
- Work with the Marketing Director on brand management, refresh, awareness, and consistency initiatives Research and report on market, marketing technology and competitor industry trends in digital channels.
- Track, analyze and deploy research, analytics and benchmarks for success in all channels.
- Serve as Project Manager on various marketing initiatives across channels to ensure timely and successful planning, implementation and launch.
- Assist with Compliance, Audit and Enterprise Risk Management initiatives and follow up.
- Assist Marketing Director with annual business plan and budget.
- Work on special projects as requested by the Director of Marketing, the Director of Digital Banking and the Head of Consumer Banking.
Skills, Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of Digital Marketing experience required.
- Substantial marketing experience and a track record of success in leading marketing teams in a financial services environment.
- Skilled in paid search, display, programmatic and offline media planning/buying.
- Email marketing experience, including demonstrated capacity to develop and execute campaigns that generate revenue and drive customer retention.
- Strong writing and editing skills with significant SEO and content marketing experience.
- Experience building, managing and optimizing communications across multiple channels including digital, traditional, out of home and direct mail.
- Budget planning & management, revenue forecasting experience.
- Demonstrated experience of executing integrated marketing strategies that generate revenue and ROI growth.
- Experience managing cross-channel marketing automation and campaign management tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Adobe Cloud, etc.
- Understanding of regulations as they apply to financial services marketing and advertising (banking in particular) across channels and experience working with Legal and Compliance on review and approval of marketing initiatives.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Search Console, Data Studio, social monitoring/scheduling and other digital tools is required.
- Must be willing to learn new software and other programs as needed.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental,Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.