Responsible for assisting the Escrow Manager in the opening, processing, and closing of escrow files in a proper and timely manner. The position requires an ability to handle multiple tasks under deadlines, good judgment and a professional, supportive attitude. #CB
- Preparation, maintenance and distribution of daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Review for accuracy and prepare the Purchase Agreement/Escrow Instructions for signature within five (5) calendar days of receipt.
- Copy and distribute the Purchase Agreement/Escrow Instructions to Escrow and Homeowner.
- Enter Homeowner information in the JD Edwards Systems.
- Coordinate and review for accuracy Amendments to the Purchase Agreement/Escrow Instructions for signature.
- Assist with tracking of offers, counter-offers and buyer incentives if required.
- Process deposits, cancellations, check and wire requests as necessary.
- Prepare Amendment Request/Selection Summary, by coordinating with the New Home Consultants, lenders and any outside contractor for upgrades.
- Process and distribute all construction orders in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the Escrow Manager for receipt of settlement statements (HUD I) for close-out of the lot files.
- Maintain lot files.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years escrow experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Current California Notary Public required
- Valid driver’s license
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills Microsoft Word and Excel. JD Edwards a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Must possess professional appearance and demeanor
- Must possess ability to handle priorities under pressure
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
- Team player