About the Company and Opportunity:
• A dynamic employee-owned manufacturing company located in the Northern Suburbs is looking to add an Assistant Controller to their expanding team. The Assistant Controller will report to the Controller.
• This position will be responsible for all the consolidated monthly financial reporting and related variance analysis serving as the key contact for the Operating Company Controllers during the close process. The Assistant Corporate Controller will partner with the Corporate Finance Team on special projects, such as business development, treasury, and the annual audit.
• They offer excellent benefits, including employee owned stock, 401K match, healthcare, advancement opportunities, and work/life balance
• This is a highly visible role, working closely with leadership in the company and room for advancement.
Overview of the Assistant Controller:
• Prepare financial statements with analysis in accordance with US GAAP standards, including the monthly management financial reporting package.
• Research technical accounting matters, as accounting issues arise.
• Act as the liaison between the Corporate Office and the Operating Companies as part of the monthly consolidation process.
• Perform financial analysis to support decision-making and improve performance.
• Coordinate the development of the annual audited financial statements.
• Assist with the preparation to the Board of Directors.
• Support the development and consolidation of quarterly forecasts and the annual operating plan.
• Participate in treasury activities including domestic and international wire transfers and ACHs.
• Identify and address needs for improved workflow processes, including centralization, standardization, and automation of procedures.
• Assist with acquisition and disposition activities.
Preferred Qualifications for the Assistant Controller:
• 5+ years' experience in accounting
• CPA preferred; but not a must
• Public Accounting experience; strongly preferred but not a must
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting and Finance
• Experience working with consolidation system software such as One Stream, Hyperion, etc preferred
• Experience with building and maintaining financial ad-hoc reports
• Financial reporting and auditing experience
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP
• Manufacturing industry experience
• Advanced Excel skills