Why work for this company?
• Fortune 500 company with multiple locations throughout the US. One of their top 10 divisions is located in Houston.
• The company is well known for promoting within, so if you are looking to be a Controller within the next two years, this role may be just right for you!
• The Assistant Controller role will have an active role in monthly reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and ad-hoc analyses.
• A competitive compensation package is provided to all employees
• Assist the Controller in preparing the annual Departmental Operating Budgets, Housing Budget, Capital Asset Budget, and Cash Flow Budget
• Assist the Controller in preparing financial forecasts of projected revenue and profit in conjunction with financial analysis of budget vs. actual operating results
• Assist the Controller in meeting all monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements of internal and external users
• Assist the Controller in directing and overseeing the preparation of Personal Property, Sales and Use, and other Tax returns.
• Assist the Controller in designing, implementing, and supporting procedures that will assure compliance with corporate policies
• Work with and provide financial information to internal and external auditors and responds to the audit reports, as required
• Approve expenditures and invoices within established company guidelines
• Works with department managers to ensure consistent application of general ledger accounting and cost coding
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• CPA or parts passed
• Minimum of 3 years Strong knowledge of GAAP Strong knowledge of cash flows, financial reports, and annual reports
• Supervisory experience is preferred ( leading or mentoring)