Assistant Controller (BC27896)
Our client is a reputable food manufacturing company that is looking for an Assistant Controller to join their team. Work on a smaller accounting and finance team for a company that is constantly growing. This role will have an opportunity for advancement within the organization! The company boasts a team-oriented culture, great benefits and prides themselves on providing their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed!
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for the accounting activities for the company including inventory variance analysis, journal entries and financial planning. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Assistant Controller will assist with preparing reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations and investigate/resolve discrepancies timely.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory analysis, including obsolete, surplus, expired and hold inventory.
- Supervise the month-end close and prepare designated schedules, journal entries, and financial statements as needed.
- Assist in preparing or reviewing all necessary schedules to support quarterly reviews and the year-end audit.
- Assist in preparing or reviewing all necessary schedules to support the year-end tax return preparation.
- Perform ad hoc reporting, analysis, and project work as needed.
- The Assistant Controller will perform other related duties and projects as assigned.