Assistant Controller Highly visible role, opportunity for growth
About the Company and Opportunity:
• Our client is an established real estate investment and land development company based out Vancouver, WA.
• As one of the largest land development and residential real estate companies in the Pacific NW and California, the environment is fast paced and continually growing with excellent opportunities for career development.
• Client offers competitive pay, competitive benefits and quality work life balance for their employees.
• Employees enjoy the flexible work schedules, managers who care, a fully stocked breakroom with healthy snacks and coffee, and more.
• Office attire is professional casual.
Overview of the Assistant Controller role:
• Work with VP of Accounting, Controllers and Accountants to ensure timely and accurate financial statements in a multi-company/investment fund environment
• Calculate and record monthly and quarterly cost spreads and accruals
• Compile, code, input financial information and reconcile the general ledger accounts
• Review and analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital and prepare financial statements and other management financial reports
• Bank account access and cash management support
• Provide information and reports from CPA year-end audit request list and tax returns
• Provide information to CPA firms for preparation of tax returns
• Provide input to improve accounting processes and procedures to help accounting team meet targeted deadlines
Preferred Qualifications for the Assistant Controller:
• Have 5 or more years related accounting experience and 2 years public accounting
• Hold a degree in Accounting (Preferable)
• Understanding of construction accounting and job costing
• Able to anticipate/identify issues and facilitate solutions through collaboration in a team environment
• Be detail oriented and have a diligent work ethic with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Have strong communication, organizational and documentation skills
Timing is everything. Whether you are aggressively in a job search or simply passive for the ideal position, we would like to have the chance to share our opportunities with you. We specialize in placement for accounting and finance professionals. Many of our positions are not posted on the internet. Please contact me for more information about this role as well as other opportunities.