ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a rapidly growing, insurance company seeking a talented Assistant Controller to join their accounting team.
- This organization has global presence in over 10 countries with plans for further expansion.
- The company works hard to understand both local and global markets in order to provide exceptional customer service to meet client needs.
- The establishment prides themselves in supporting local communities through fundraising campaigns and volunteer work.
- They have also made charitable donations in support of health and education.
- This role is highly visible and will allow you to make an impact.
- Strong company management emphasizing a focus on growth and development.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ASSISTANT CONTROLLER:
- The Assistant Controller will be heavily involved in program accounting, including the review and oversight of the work completed by the offshore team.
- Coordinate and manage the responsibilities of the close.
- The Assistant Controller will complete a daily review of all journal entries.
- Summarize insurance premium and loss data prior to posting to the general ledger.
- The Assistant Controller will complete the analysis and preparation of accruals.
- Heavy involvement in the close process and general accounting duties.
- The Assistant Controller will help maintain the close calendar and reporting package to the United Kingdom.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE ASSISTANT CONTROLLER ROLE:
- BS in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- Strong, hands-on close experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
Keywords: accounting, finance, controller, interim accounting manager, assistant controller, controller, operations, financial analysis, financial reporting, general ledger
$70,000.00 - $90,000.00 /Year