This position is responsible for supporting business applications and systems including, but not limited to, analyzing, configuring, programming and providing end user support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are the most significant job duties performed. The size, scope and complexity of assigned duties and responsibilities are dependent on the level and experience of the incumbent. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each assigned essential duty satisfactorily. Other responsibilities or special projects not specifically mentioned may also be assigned.
• Participates in the preparation of time and cost estimates for system configuration and implementation, based on business requirements.
• Executes on vendor provided Statements of Work (SOW).
• Partners with the business line (LOB) and internal resources to assist in defining and analyzing problems to help in outlining business/technology solutions.
Partners with the business line (LOB) and internal resources to define and analyze problems and develop business/technology solutions.
• Adheres to the bank’s SDLC Policy by documenting IT requirements and solutions to IT management and LOB. Presentations include architecture, applications development capabilities, and/or business proposals.
• Gathers and analyzes data and makes recommendations that will improve the organization's operating efficiencies and costs.
• Creates information data flow, diagrams, storyboards, etc. for new product features and functions.
• Conducts configuration and executes programming as defined in internal documentation or vendor SOW.
• Performs unit testing including testing the solution, documenting results, submitting defects, retesting, etc.
• Understands and complies with all Bank policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations pertinent to this position; stays informed and shares updates on changes with management. Required to successfully complete all required Compliance training.
• Continuously supports the Bank’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
• Job has no direct or indirect supervisory responsibilities.
• Incumbents with more experience may lead the work of others including, but not limited to, guiding, coaching, mentoring, and training newer/less experienced team members.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field AND required years of related experience dependent upon level described below; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in Banking or Financial Services is preferred.
• All levels require:
o Experience with the software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology including business analysis, IT requirements.
o Experience in system integration – both from a data and an networking perspective.
• Level I: requires 1 to 3 years of related experience including:
o Working knowledge of issue identification and tracking.
o Ability to execute work requests as defined by the LOB. Including configuration and testing.
o Data and System Analytical skills.
o Understanding of flow diagrams and Functional Requirements.
• Level II: requires 3 to 5 years of related experience including all the above plus:
o Experience with customizing packaged software
o Understands system impacts and interdependencies
o Ability to create and document flow diagrams; and to translate business requirements into technical requirements
o Proficiently processes data, performs maintenance and operational activities such as formatting and generating reports.
o Basic knowledge of Web services and web service protocols.
o Working knowledge/experience with SQL Server database programming & reporting tools (Crystal Reports, Business Objects)
o Experience in working with web user interfaces and/or complex UI using custom or 3rd party UI controls
o Successfully implements and troubleshoots configuration/programming changes and modifications.
• Level III: requires 7+ years of related experience including all the above plus:
o Proven leadership experience for multiple simultaneous projects.
o Performs and documents product enhancements, including configuration, programming and implementations.
o Experience performing cost estimates.
Certificates and Licenses
Job –Specific Knowledge Required
• Branch Transactions Management - Knowledge of cash handling, teller transactions, cash organization, asset protection, cash dispenser and balancing. Knowledge of branch operational procedures, policies and norms.
• Business Analysis and IT Requirements – demonstrated experience with identifying trends and tracking key deliverables and risks such as: costs associated with proposed changes to programs and systems; and effectiveness of programs year-over-year in improving overall performance and achieving desired business results.
• Project Management - Knowledge of project coordination, identification of business needs, work plan, , time management, and team collaboration. Must demonstrate leadership, logic, and reasoning skills. Identify risks/issues affecting project work progress and recommend solutions. Those in a technology related position must also have strong technical knowledge.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
• Strong Fluency in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrates advanced Excel skills ; create queries in company software applications
• Thorough knowledge of software applications applicable to position/business unit.
• Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed.
• Acts as subject matter expert; conduct simple to complex troubleshooting and provides other support for software applications.
• Understands and is familiar with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications.
• Identifies and resolves problems. Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Identifies opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and recommends solutions.
• Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources.
• Performs complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems.
• Composes thorough and detailed written technical documentation, procedures, manuals, etc.
• Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
• Presents organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience.
• Utilizes variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes, or cultures; and to successfully interact and collaborate with LOB and IT partners.
• Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization.
• Demonstrates group presentation skills dependent on position level from basic (level I) to intermediate (level II) and advanced (level III).
Time Management Skills
• Demonstrates follow-up skills.
• Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
• Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
• Self-motivated. Works with minimal supervision.
• Consults with team members and management as needed to complete assigned responsibilities.
• Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally.
• Level III and above: proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively train, coach and influence less experienced employees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to; sit.
• Office / cubicle work space with moderate noise level.
Hours of Work
• Normal business hours with occasional extended hours which may include nights and weekends.
• Local travel between branches may be required occasionally.
• Stress levels may increase due to seasonality and/or special projects and/or during peak times.
• Job is always fast-paced and deadline sensitive.
MB Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a pre-employment urine drug screening.