Reporting directly to the Controller, the Analyst is responsible for a broad scope of accounting, financial analysis, and operational and process improvement initiatives. The Analyst will assist the Controller with financial analysis and reporting, process mapping, documentation and improvements, and ad-hoc management projects. The Analyst will also assist the Controller with the execution of daily accounting and month end close.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review AP batches - (review and approve for coding, reasonableness, accuracy, approval) for Controller release in system. Work with AP team in researching errors or payment discrepancies, AP system issues, etc.
- Review and assist in processing weekly inventory invoices for accuracy, approval, reasonableness and prepare documents for Controller review and foreign currency purchase.
- Reconcile daily bank accounts to general ledger and prepare appropriate journal entries for Controller approval
- Maintain fixed asset records (i.e. additions, dispositions, capital maintenance, sale, etc.) and ensure depreciation is recorded accurately
- Execute duties related to the annual financial audit and work directly with outside auditors in responding to various audit requests
- Assist Controller in managing month end close process - (ensure close target dates are met, all reports are run in a timely fashion and are accurate, maintain balance sheet accounts reconciliations and prepare adjusting journal entries, investigate and resolve discrepancies, maintain balance sheet roll forward schedules).
- Assist Controller in preparing various tax filings and payments such as weekly payroll tax payments, quarterly and annual payroll tax filings & payments.
- Document, understand and manage internal control structure.
Financial Planning and Analysis Responsibilities
- Maintain financial and operational analysis tools and provide analysis on company historical, current and projected performance, identify trends, report on KPI's, etc.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements with insightful analysis for management decision making
- Prepare, manage and maintain various budget reports with periodic reporting and commentary on variances and performance.
- Assist Controller with pro forma models, foreign and domestic cash flow projections, budgets and financial reporting to company shareholders
- Research foreign currency markets and provide insight for strategy.
- Be knowledgeable on company insurance coverage and maintain insurance schedules, with assistance from third party advisers.
- Manage annual insurance carrier compliance audits and prepare requisite schedules and reports
Ad-Hoc & Cross Functional Responsibilities
- Execute daily ad-hoc management projects and inquiries (ranging from financial, risk management, operational, etc.)
- Be knowledgeable on company IT system flows to ensure transactions, invoicing and financials are being recorded accurately
- Ensure perpetual and financial inventory records are reconciled with the weekly inventory payments
Process Improvement Responsibilities
- Identify process deficiencies, process map and work with cross functional stakeholders to design and implement improvements in efficiency (time, cost, value)
- Assist Controller and management with continuous improvements, from inventory procurement to customer service
- Assist in reporting on improvement initiatives to measure the effectiveness of initiatives
- In charge of managing the documenting and maintenance of company processes, policies and procedures
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred in accounting or related area and/or 3- 5 years' experience in a related field.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel and Microsoft Word software.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.