Our Global Revenue Management team is responsible for predicting consumer demand and optimizing hotel inventory and price availability. The ultimate goal of our team is to maximize our company's revenue growth by selling the right products to the right customer at the right time for the right price.
What will I be doing?
As the Analyst, Revenue Management Support, you will analyze and support the revenue management and distribution aspects of business initiatives. You will also maintain standards for rate plans, rates, product sequencing, and other related processes supported by the teams associated with these areas of the business. Your analytical skills will lend to your effective evaluation of the quality of all major functions performed by the teams. Based on your findings, you will implement corrective action to produce improvements when necessary.
More specifically, you will:
- Build, maintain and quality check new hotels in the Central Reservation System (CRS), Global Distribution System (GDS), and Online Travel Agency (OTA) distribution channels.
- Load and quality check leisure, corporate and other rates in CRS, GDS, and OTA distribution avenues.
- Support hotel inquiries via phone, e-mail and ticket submission processes and document the findings thoroughly.
- Audit and analyze Special Rate Plans (SRPs), rates, and accounts across all distribution avenues dedicatedly for potential issues.
- Work with other corporate teams on special project/program requests that influence CRS, GDS, and OTA distribution channels.
- Support other functions when demand is high by sharing the workload regardless of your core team responsibilities.
- Create and manage internal and external training and technical documentation for all team-facing and hotel-facing processes.
- Validate that all internal and hotel-facing content maintains a user experience consistent with Hilton branding efforts.
- Identify and implement efficiencies using automation or streamlining that save time and money or generate additional revenues.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers, who are passionate about growing market share in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their business insight with innovative technology. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytics skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to creatively identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions or approaches to hard problems
- Maintains a deep understanding of Hilton's business processes and systems as they relate to Sales and Revenue Management across brands and geographies
- Strong collaboration skills with a results-focused mindset in the areas of hotel revenue management
- Creative thinkers, who strive to gain the latest knowledge of hospitality industry trends, bold pricing, and new product offerings
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology as business and attendee experience evolves
- Dedicated presenters, who use their creative skills to explain detailed instructions to contributors or to other small groups
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal communication, to explain complex issues in a clear and concise manner, and to engage audiences when presenting these issues broadly
- Ability to effectively lead internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of guidance, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to analyze extensive amounts of information and provide constructive feedback/direction through critical thinking and discernment
- Handles multiple projects within deadlines and works effectively under time and resource constraints; works well under tight deadlines to effectively balance multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions even among seemingly unrelated events
- Positive relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team as well as under time and resource constraints
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of work experience in travel industry, distribution systems, project management, and/or technical development roles
- Skilled within MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with MS Access, Project and SQL
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years of work experience in travel industry, distribution systems, project management, and/or technical development roles
- Advanced knowledge within MS Access, SQL, VB.NET, and/or VBA, Visio, Tableau or MicroStrategy applications
- Technical/Vendor-Specific Courses or Certifications
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!