Ensure consistent application and analysis of planning, scheduling, budgeting, forecasting, tracking to include performance analysis and reporting to achieve program, project and or task life cycle success focusing on Operations and Production; performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated, committed and or agreed-upon parameters including company and government cost control guidelines; participates in the preparation of budgets and schedules for all contract work and performs and or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook and forecasts, and variance analysis; uses company tools and processes including SAP, Bid/Proposal and Estimating, Life Cycle Management, Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) techniques, Sales Forecasting, and others as provided or directed; supports the planning, execution and management of programs and projects that provide the company, management and its customers with an early warning system for program, project and task schedule and cost performance; involves significant interaction with program/project managers, finance and contract personnel, technical personnel, including operations, engineering, finance, and executive management, and other functional or support organizations.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Work directly with Operations Production Managers to establish, develop, and analyze cost and schedule baselines, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Program/Project Estimates to Complete (ETC) and Estimate at Completion (EAC).
- Participates with Operations/Production in the preparation of labor forecast, budgets and schedules for all contract work and/or collaborate in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Performs monthly account and program analysis identifying trends and proactively working with Program Managers, Program Finance staff and Operations to identify negative program financial trends.
- Prepare and track program performance to operating plan and initiate recovery actions when necessary and follow up on long-term planning.
- Budget and monitors multi-level WBS oriented government projects; collaborate with Program Managers in assessing cost status.
- Analyzes cost and schedule variances and works as part of program team to recommend cost and schedule recovery strategies.
- Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines and internal budgets.
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, data integrity checks, and reconciliations required. Must be able to create presentations for internal and external reviews and present to senior management.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Actively support Lean initiatives by attending training where applicable, participating in Lean activities (5S, Kaizen, problem solving, error proofing), making suggestions for improvements and sustaining improvements implemented.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Performs work with minimal direction; uses financial modeling analytical and problem solving skills while maintaining data integrity and accuracy;
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to address new initiatives.
Minimum Job Qualifications: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Eight (8) years progressive experience that includes budgets and schedules for government contracts, government cost control, financial and variance analyses and program coordination; experience in SAP, Bid/Proposal and Estimating, Life Cycle Management, Earned Value Management Systems(EVMS) techniques and Sales Forecasting, a plus; Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Finance or closely related field, required;
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read and comprehend complex instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before customers or employees; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Technical skills: well-developed financial modeling, analytical and problem solving skills; working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting; Knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles;
- Analytical skills: ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to create and use sophisticated financial modeling;
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface, proficient use of Microsoft office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP; working knowledge of MS Project software;
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team;
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
$75,000.00 - $115,000.00 /Year