Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As the Analyst of OTC Hotel Accounting, you will work with the OTC (Order to Cash) Hotel Accounting Team Lead to resolve accounts receivable and guest (transient) disputes. You will identify and process advanced deposits collected from Group Catering and Event Sales patrons. Your work will also include performing continuous monitoring and tracking of outstanding remittances from group master and convention related billings.
More specifically, you will:
- Research support for Accounts Receivable (AR) or guest (transient) disputes and compile supporting documentation.
- Engage property teams to assist with identifying issues, resolving disputes, and obtaining patron information as needed.
- Engage your Team Lead of OTC Hotel Accounting to figure out if adjustments are required.
- Maintain Dispute Resolution documentation in accordance with Hilton standards using technology.
- Perform follow-ups periodically based on establishing a collections schedule of outstanding remittances.
- Update call logs and maintain the collections file daily.
- Review Booking Deposit Reports to identify groups with advanced deposit requirements.
- Review banking statements to identify and confirm receipt of advanced deposits.
- Prepare deposit postings and confirm deposits post successfully.
- Support OTC Hotel Accounting special initiatives as directed by the Team Lead.
- Report results to others to explain and decipher findings.
- Develop reciprocal and positive relationships with other finance departments and corporate departments.
- Collaborate with the Manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish project and department goals.
- Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments.
- Research and reply to information requests from internal departments and management.
- Ensure the privacy and security of confidential information about guests.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic teammates, who are passionate about using their analytical skills to solve hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Critical thinkers, who use both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Decision makers, who exercise sound judgment, consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, and who provide recommendations for optimal solutions
- Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners, both verbally and in writing, with excellent comprehension skills and collaboration
- Self-starters, who take initiative, have the ability to meet tight deadlines, operate with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively handle concurrent demands, and prioritize responsibilities
- Hospitable professionals, who will go above and beyond to provide extraordinary customer service to every guest, every time
- Motivated teammates, who maintain an upbeat, positive demeanor, especially when interacting with Hilton guests, coworkers and managers
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- One (1) year of work experience at the analyst level applying the principles and practical application of GAAP
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) years of professional experience
- Hospitality industry experience
- Can speak Spanish
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!