Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
Our Internal Audit team serves as a critical business partner. We protect the organization by providing world-class guidance, objective assurance, and insight to leadership to manage risk and to support the sustainable growth and improvement of the organization.
As the Analyst, Global Sales Audit, you will contribute to the global audit function for Hilton's Global Sales organization. You will help administer the ongoing audit and appeals processes for the Americas, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) and APAC (Asia-Pacific) regions. You will also provide analytical support for sales incentives, operations, and initiatives that partner with the Global Incentive Compensation and Global Sales Performance Management teams. In this role, you will have a great opportunity to develop business relationships and provide impactful data and analysis for the Global Sales and Sales Support teams. Your work will be performed under the direction of the Vice President, Senior Director and Director of Internal Audit, with specific oversight provided by the Manager and Senior of Internal Audit.
More specifically, you will:
- Support the comprehensive monthly audit, high-quality reporting, and appeals processes for sales incentive compensation.
- Help coordinate and execute monthly contract reviews, including managing communications with hotel properties and Sales team members.
- Assist in developing monthly reporting of incentive compensation information for Account Managers, Regional Leads and Senior Leadership.
- Review, investigate and resolve quarterly Sales incentive appeals submitted by the Sales team members.
- Assist with year-round Sales Incentive analytic exercises that identify key business drivers for reporting to senior leadership.
- Assist in the development of presentations that compare sales data, highlight risks, and focuses on qualitative and quantitative issues.
- Help to administer sales incentive database(s) and tool(s) that support processing and reporting.
- Assist with the evaluation and improvement of global sales reporting and incentive calculation/payment processes to ensure timely and accurate payment of above property sales commissions.
- Assist the Global Sales Audit team with opportunities to streamline and/or automate processes, including supporting the development of FAQs and SOPs related to these processes and supporting tools/systems.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Superb communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyze financial, statistical, and operational data
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence to motivate and influence others
- Full discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate and the ability to identify and prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under time constraints and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to collaborate and act in an objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals
- Project management skills, including handling details through to completion and ensuring project deadlines are met
- Knowledge of business mathematics, building and manipulating financial models and spreadsheets
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- One to three (1-3) years working experience in internal audit or financial analysis
- Travel - 20%, including international destinations requiring a passport/visa
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Prior use of advanced data analysis techniques (e.g., Tableau, advanced Excel)
- Proficient in written and spoken foreign language other than English
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!