The CSI Companies is actively seeking an Amended Payroll Tax Return Auditor for our client located in the Rochester, NY area.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 8 AM - 5 PM
The Amended Payroll Tax Return Auditor provides internal and external customer service and communication with timely research and preparation of amended payroll tax returns to ensure client's corrected federal, state, and local filings are filed accurately.
- Communicates with clients regarding funds required to be paid late or refunded as a result of amended payroll tax returns and confirms fees when necessary.
- Prepare and file amended tax returns for current and previous years
- Ensure accuracy and compliance
- Research and resolve client, field, and system problems
- Actively identifies and participates in penalty prevention enhancements
- Make prevention recommendations to leadership
- Determine billing fees/revenue associated with preparation of amended return
- Meet revenue initiative and goals as set by management
- Communicate directly with the clients regarding billing fees, filing of tax returns, collections and payments that are associated with the preparation of amended returns
- Identify root cause to assist in trend analysis and processing efficiencies
- Recommend process improvements and efficiencies to increase revenue or productivity
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with clients, agencies, and coworkers
- Verifiable High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years experience in customer service or payroll
- Understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prior tax experience a plus