Accounting Now is seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk for one of our clients!
We specialize in finding financial professionals the right career opportunity in finance, accounting and banking with many of the country's top financial firms and corporate departments.
The Accounting Administrative Assistant provides support and administrative services to the Finance and Accounting department, primarily in the Accounts Receivable (billing) area. This accounting and finance administrative position requires a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational and communication skills.
As an Accounts Receivable Clerk you will be assisting the accounts receivable staff with invoicing including preparation, pricing, and data entry as needed.
* Establishing and maintaining company and departmental files related to contracts, legal documents, historical financial reports, client files, and other documents retained as required
* Performing quality control and problem resolution for 'Committed Business Forms' used for workflow scheduling and billing
* Printing new CBF's, check for completeness and accuracy; distributing to appropriate billing staff
* Serving as liaison between sales & marketing staff and accounts receivable staff to reconcile issues
* Receiving checks and preparing deposits for various accounts
* Verifying, before deposit, correct customer account applications and accuracy of payments
* Maintaining accounts payable paid voucher files including creating new files
* Assisting accounting supervisor as needed with activity related to grants administration
As an Accounting Administrative Assistant you will be working with confidential information and must use the utmost discretion. It is essential that you have good interpersonal skills and the ability to cope with changing priorities.
Additional Accounts Receivable Clerk requirements:
* High school diploma * Completion of some college course work, preferably in Accounting OR Business, preferred
* 2 - 3 years of experience in a position of responsibility in a business setting with exposure to financial and confidential duties preferred
* Organized and extremely detail oriented * Accurate typing (40 - 50 wpm) * Excellent communication skill, both verbal and written and proofreading skills * Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)