Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Billing Solutions Team Leader role ensures that partner billing and subledger accounting processes are handled in a way that enables Allstate Roadside Services (ARS) to meet its customer satisfaction and business performance goals. The Team Leader is responsible for handling complex billing and control processes while working cross-functionally to protect and maximize ARS revenue streams. The Team Leader leads, trains, develops and monitors the performance of the Billing Solutions Analyst team.
- Monitor partner revenue streams including service eligibility, billing, payments, and collections to provide operational support of billing and payment functions, business process development, adherence to best practices, and perform system support procedures as required by the department and IT.
- Set and maintain employee and unit standards of performance including working with the team to write/maintain procedures and controls to ensure timely and accurate billing
- Team Quality - Monitoring and coaching support to grow and develop analysts. The ability to identify and address quality issues and meet all departmental standards
- Team Proficiency - The ability to develop personal and team expertise in all dispatch, billing, and subledger accounting procedures, in order to protect and maximize revenue streams
- Leadership - Provide ongoing feedback on performance, conduct development discussions, demonstrate strong communications skills to interact with ARS teams and external partners
- Management Duties - Must be focused self-starter, capable of consistently providing professional and positive experiences. Identify upstream processes that impact billing and revenue. Handle all HR responsibilities, including payroll, performance issues, attendance concerns and corrective actions as required
- Business Liaison - Develop and grow ongoing business relationships with internal teams to improve upstream processes that cause revenue leakage
- Workload planning and distribution and other duties as assigned.
- Special Project Assignments – handle special projects as assigned on-site and at other ARS locations
This job does have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience in supervising accounts receivable, billing, and/or accounting teams
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Strong excel skills, including experience with pivot tables and analysis of financial information
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Business metrics development and performance management
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong PC aptitude
- Operational accounting experience
- Practical ERP financial systems experience (SAP FSCD a plus)
- Payment card experience in card-not-present environment
- Proven ability to make a logical or implied connection between facts in order to arrive at a solution
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.