SNI has partnered with a succesful client in the Winter Garden area who is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk. This will include maintaining client vendor lists, documenting requisite information for new vendors, processing invoices on a timely basis, the ability to determine correct accounts when necessary, process weekly check runs and sort and file electronic audit trail documents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform accounts payable duties with accuracy and timeliness to assure that positive business relations with vendors are maintained.
- Provide accurate data entry and general ledger coding (if necessary) to all vendor disbursement activity for multiple entities.
- Act as the first line of internal control for cash disbursements by ensuring invoices are approved by proper client personnel.
- Follow up on stale checks/outstanding checks with vendors as needed.
- Handle vendor relations/discrepancies/credit memo/follow-up.
- Solve problems and resolve outstanding issues as they arise.
- Set up 1099 vendors and maintain W-9 forms
- Process and mail vendor checks on a weekly basis.
- Timely resolve inquiries from vendors and multiple entities, including correspondences via phone, fax and E-mail.
- Assist in special projects and year-end audit schedule preparation.
- Research and respond to internal and external inquiries related to accounts payable and various expense reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Perform all work with accuracy and under the specific instructions given by supervisor.
- Focus on continued process improvement and increased efficiency for clients using the latest industry developments and technology.
Generally, any combination of education that would provide the required knowledge and skills for successful performance would qualify. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
KNOWLEDGE OF: Purposes, methods, and practices of financial and accounting record keeping; Basic accrual accounting principles and procedures; Use of Microsoft Excel Proper English usage and grammar.
Candidates must also have the ability to:
- Work well in a team environment
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner at all times
- Adapt quickly to change
- Understand and carry out directions in an independent manner
- Perform arithmetic calculations accurately and rapidly
- Prepare a variety of accurate financial reports and summaries
- Identify and correct errors in mathematical computations and financial documents,
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms
- Must be detail-oriented
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Microsoft Office (intermediate/advanced skills with Excel is highly desired)