Our client in Monroe, NC is seeking a motivated Accounts Payable Supervisor with supervisory experience for a role open due to growth!
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Location: Monroe, NC (South of Matthews/ East Charlotte)
Direct-Hire or Contract-to-Hire: $50,000
Why role is open: Current supervisor is moving into a new role internally!
Hours: 7:30-4:30 or 8:00-5:00
- Supervise an Accounts Payable team of 4 employees
- Verify that all invoices and payments are processed accurately for 20+ locations in the US Canada
- Perform a variety of tasks as well as lead and direct the work of others to include providing ongoing training, mentoring, coaching and performance evaluation.
- Maintain AP reports, spreadsheets, and files.
- Handle all internal and external inquiries quickly and timely
- Work closely with Finance, branch personnel and suppliers to resolve issues and improve process flow.
- Resolve issues with vendors while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Assist with processing invoices when needed
- Act as a backup for the AP Manager when needed
- Perform other job-related duties and projects as assigned by the AP Manager
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable supervisory experience, managing 2+ employees
- 5+ years of overall full cycle high volume Accounts Payable experience
- Strong basic to intermediate Excel skills – must test
- Medium to large Accounting software experience (Great Plains, NetSuite, JDE, Oracle, SAP)
- Chart of account and GL coding experience including multi-department allocations.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and desire to put customers first
- Strong leadership skills required to continue to lead the team in process improvement
- High-energy, results-oriented approach with strong follow up skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.