NEW ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST OPPORTUNITY WITH START-UP BIOTECH COMPANY!
Seeking a proactive, dedicated and deadline-driven Accounts Payable Specialist to join the fast-paced Finance team. In this integral position, you will be responsible for the full-cycle accounts payable process and assisting with the accounting close process. The company is involved in developing new technology with big implications. They are moving in the right direction, and now is a great time to join and experience the company's growth and success!
- Manage the entire Accounts Payable process, including but not limited to:
o Receive and process purchase order requests
o Maintain electronic purchase order files
o Review and verify invoices and check requests
o Sort, code and enter invoices into system
o Obtain approvals for payment
- Ensure accuracy within account coding transactions, project coding, department allocation, and posting dates
- Prepare and perform weekly check runs and electronic payments (wires/ACHs) including reviewing the weekly open invoice reports and compiling all supporting documentation
- Interact consistently with vendors and internal customers to address inquiries, policies and procedures and escalate issues as appropriate;
- Maintain accurate vendor profiles and banking records
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies;
- Manage the Accounts Payable inbox and keep all files organized and up to date
- Maintain W-9s and preparation of annual 1099s
- Assist senior level team members with month-end closing process
- Support ad hoc projects and analyses as required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate has proactive work ethic and strong time management and organizational skills. Other competencies include:
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with outstanding interpersonal skills, including ability to translate financial concepts to individuals at all levels (including finance and non-finance managers).
- Attention to detail and problem-solving/data analysis capabilities
- Flexibility to work independently and cross functionally with teams in a fast-paced, high volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- 3+ years of experience in Accounts Payable and Accounting
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite with expertise in Excel
- Experience with NetSuite (or a similar ERP system) and Bill.com (or other electronic payment system)
If interested in the position, please submit an application with a resume attached and reach out directly to the recruiter via email or call at (781)356-6907. All are welcome to apply!
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.