The CSI Companies is actively seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist for a contract role with our client in Atlanta, GA. This is a long-term contract position and we are seeking candidates that can get started immediately!
The Accounts Payable Specialist will match original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase orders, receiving paperwork, or other supporting documentation, such as appropriate authorization and approval to pay.
They will also perform calculations to determine appropriate payment schedules and amounts, and make modifications as necessary. Ensure supporting documentation is provided timely in preparation for check processing.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Complete daily settlement (reconciliation for AP funding)
- Complete corporate card control totals with expense reimbursement system (comparing file loaded to confirm transactions/dollars)
- Complete daily Pcard files (extract, load, and confirmation)
- QA of expense report audits (review selection of audited reports to confirm done correctly)
- Credit Balance Refund reconcilements (corporate cards with credit balances)
- Review and process trade and/or expense vendor invoices for payment. Responsible for the communication, escalation, and resolution of exception invoices, payment disputes, and preparation and entry of invoice or MCB chargeback repayment requests.
- Receive and review purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Match original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase orders, receiving paperwork, or other supporting documentation; perform calculations to determine appropriate payment schedules and amounts, and make modifications as necessary. Ensure all supporting documentation is provided timely upon request and in preparation for check processing.
- Review voucher entry for accuracy prior to posting the batch for payment.
- Support workflow efficiencies and adherence to internal controls, policies and procedures to provide ongoing feedback to management, while making recommendations for corrective action or process improvement opportunities.
- Proactively communicate with the, A/P Lead and A/P Supervisor regarding the status and resolution of outstanding invoices, disputed payments, and exception invoice processing issues.
- Promote, develop, and enrich internal and external customer relationships.
- Accurately prepare voucher adjustments for approval and entry into the A/P system.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience.
- Basic data entry, 10-key and word processing skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- 'Prior reconcilement experience, preferably in Accounts Payable.
- Must have Excel experience (be able to create pivot table)
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Knowledge of EXCEL
- Knowledge of general accounting and standard accounts payable procedures, policies and standards.
- Technical aptitude for working with various financial systems and software.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Excellent grammar, verbal and writing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, resourceful and well organized.
- Good telephone skills.
- Comfortable performing multi-faceted tasks in conjunction with day to day activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible.
- Functions well in a team environment.