Responsible for disbursing University funds for business-related services and goods, maintaining records of disbursements, and preparing related year-end tax forms.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Verifies all invoices, check requests, and travel expense reports documenting appropriate authorization.
• Verifies all purchasing card payments are accurate and reconciles purchasing card users’ accounts.
• Ensures that disbursements are coded to the proper general ledger accounts and project codes.
• Obtains appropriate Office of Financial Services approval on all disbursements before checks are disbursed.
• Enters vouchers into general ledger software system.
• Ensures all disbursements, including student refunds, are made in a timely manner while maintaining good cash management.
• Mails checks and attachments when appropriate.
• Download positive pay files, e-check payment files and pre-note banking files into bank website.
• Maintains appropriate documentation on all disbursements and ensures filing of records is kept current.
• Reviews vendors’ monthly statements and follows up on open items.
• Ensures vendor discounts are taken when advantageous.
• Researches outstanding checks.
• Researches departmental charges and payments for faculty and staff.
• Prepares year-end accounts payable accruals.
• Prepares aging of accounts payable report monthly.
• Maintains tax report database and prepares year-end 1099s.
• Maintains gift annuity and other recurring payment schedule, utilizing gift annuity software and spreadsheets.
• Maintains petty cash fund.
• Distributes and reconciles cash advances.
• Maintains software, technology, and regulatory knowledge related to position.
• Provides information to utility companies for exempt status.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Assist Directors and others in the office as needed to meet team goals.
- Support the University’s mission and strategic initiatives.