Accounts Payable Manager
Our client is an established defense supplier with locations across the US. They have been awarded multiple government contracts that include manufacturing, logistics, and engineering. They are seeking an Accounts Payable Manager for a full-time career opportunity. Qualified candidates must have a degree in Accounting or Finance, a very strong AP background with 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
-Central San Antonio Location
-Business casual dress code
-Unique work schedule with every other Friday off
-Stability within the company
- Full benefits!
The Accounts Payable Manager will manage all activities of the accounts payable function to ensure timely payments to suppliers and adherence to company policies and guidelines. Reports directly to the Controller. The main responsibilities to this role is high level reporting of Accounts Payable and a strong critical thinking.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Liaison between AP Specialist and Accounting Manager, Controller and other C level executives.
- Critical thinking and the ability to multitask are imperative to the role
- The ability to manager and present findings on high level, complicated AP reporting
- Directs AP Specialist on day to day AP duties and responsibilities.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and verifies invoices are properly coded.
- Assist with processing invoices and checks.
- Works closely with supply chain and other department personnel to ensure timely resolution of unresolved AP items.
- Prepare periodic reconciliations and summary reports of activity.
- Reconciles vendor account statements.
- Monitors AP Aging Statement, Hold Report, and Prepayment Accounts to ensure payments are processed and applied in a timely and accurately manner.
- Answers accounts payable inquiries and follows up promptly.
- Assists with audits as well as monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Daily attendance is essential.
- Assists with related special projects and other related duties as assigned by supervisor.