- Code such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handle all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Prepare non-inventory purchase order requisitions.
- Attach the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepare batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Assist with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Reconcile various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records and reports.
- Perform other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
Qualified candidates for the Accounts Payable Associate should possess:
- An Associate’s degree a plus
- 3+ years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel
The total compensation range is from $45,000 to $50,000 with great benefits. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and/or call us at (973) 921-9777. Ref. #1285421. Visit our website at www.nauticusgroup.com to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.