Accounts Payable Associate
The Accounts Payable Associate is expected to accurately process a high volume of invoices
within set deadlines. The position is required to pull invoices for weekly payment processing
as well as filing of all completed payments. May be asked to work on special projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:**
* Verify proper approvals prior to vouchering invoices
* Efficiently and accurately enter invoice data into the ERP system in a timely manner
* Must be able to perform within deadlines
* Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
* Respond timely to daily vendor inquiries by all means of communication
* Provide assistance to internal departments ensuring comprehension and adherence to
policies, procedures and processes as needed
* Review and resolve all discrepancies on invoices by working collectively with purchasing
agents at site locations
* Review general ledger coding to ensure accuracy and cost placement
* Assist with other requests such as pulling invoices and other documentation for audits
* Participate with compiling bills due for check runs according to vendor payment due dates
* Verify accuracy of address, banking and other contact information for vendors
* Maintains historical records by filing documents
* Ability to track data effectively on spreadsheets
* Ability to process invoices in a multi-company environment
* Assist in reception duties as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Speak Effectively - Speak clearly and concisely to get the point across. Can speak effectively in
front of a group.
* Show Work Commitment - set high standards of performance and seeks out new work
challenges. Initiates action without being asked and will readily put in the extra time and effort
* Display Organizational Savvy - knows which issues are worth pursuing and knows who to involve
and when. Accurately anticipates the reactions of others.
* Use Sound Judgement - makes tough decisions quickly and uses information, judgement and
logic to understand a problem or situation before acting.
* Use Technical/Functional Expertise - know the job and be regarded as an expert. Keeps up to
date on technical/professional developments. Stays informed about industry practices and new
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrate professionalism at all times. Ability to
follow written and oral instructions and to work independently in a team setting. Ability to
maintain confidentiality. Experience in communicating professionally and tactfully with all levels
of an organization using strong oral and written skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Two-plus years of accounts payable experience
* Associates degree preferred
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Processes
* Typical of a standard office environment. Noise level is generally quiet.
* Sitting and using office equipment (computers, telephones, calculators, copiers) for prolonged
periods of time.
* Lifting requirements generally under 25 lbs.