Senior Accountant. We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our Corporate Finance Team in our Twin Cities corporate offices. This opening was created as a result of an internal promotion on our team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain corporate general ledgers ensuring transactions are recorded and balances are reported in accordance with U.S. GAAP and company policy.
- Provide expertise and guidance to other accounting staff to ensure timely and accurate recording of transactions; review the work of other team members as assigned.
- Coordinate the month-end close process, including preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations/analysis in line with monthly and quarterly close schedules.
- Prepare and/or review monthly consolidated financial statements, management reports and quarterly bank covenant reports and perform monthly financial statement review, research and analysis.
- Assist in coordination of the external audit and annual report preparation processes.
- Design and implement efficient and effective processes, improve existing accounting policies and procedures and identify and implement process improvements as part of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Research inquiries and provide accounting support/guidance to finance teams across multiple operating divisions.
- Assist with purchase accounting and accounting and reporting integration activities for acquisitions.
- Lead and support special project work, ad hoc financial analysis and acceptance of new opportunities as they develop.